Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041, Passthrough K1 input for "basis computation required for S corporation K-1" Triggered this field but I don't see basis computed or place to change it. Help plz

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
puravidapto
Level 7

PTO uses the following info to compute the basis, and the info comes from the K-1 input field. If you provides the info correctly, it will compute basis. You can verify the software computation with what you would do in pencil and paper.

• Adjusted basis at beginning of year
  • Additional amounts invested in current year
  • Current year distributions of money
  • Current year distribution of property
  • Change in partner's share of liabilities
  • Other tax-exempt income
  • Current year income from partnership
  • Adjusted basis used for basis limitation
  • Loss allowed by basis limitation
  • Adjusted basis at end of year

You put a summary of your question in the title, for example, "How do I compute form 1041 K1 basis?" in the subject and the details in the message body, just as in a email message, not the entire question in the title. When someone answered your question correctly, please mark it as the answer. Thanks.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.

Yes, however I don't see any input fields for beginning adjusted basis for form 1041.  I've seen it for 1040, 1065 and 1120s, just not for 1041.  I can't find it.  Do you know what input category it's under? Navigation please.

Thank you.