Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Stimulus Check

Babak
Level 3

My client did not receive the 3rd check and income wise he is eligible but even when I put -1 in the rebate box, it did not add the amount to his 1040 or refund.

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Most people seem to have terrible memories when it comes to receiving free money.  You might want to have them double and triple check their bank statements to make sure they really didn't get it.  If they did get it and you file the return saying they didn't, their refund is going to fall into a black hole at the IRS for quite some time.

Slava Ukraini!
Babak
Level 3

Oh no, in the year before he was a dependent so he did not receive it. My question is why while I put -1 in the rebate box, the $1400 was not added to the return.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you still have him marked as being a dependent of someone else, or was his income too high?

Slava Ukraini!
Babak
Level 3

None, he's not a dependent on anyone's return and his income is below the threshold. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, I don't use ProConnect so I'm not sure what is going on.

Edit -  but is he still marked as being a dependent on his return?

Slava Ukraini!
Babak
Level 3

No he is not

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Try a zero instead of -1.

-1 means something special to Lacerte ( PTO's big sister).

Or, just put a 1 and see if the amount (less a buck) populates.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Check return > toward the bottom are Worksheets what does it seem to do with the Recovery Rebate?

General > Client Information > Do have ANYTHING in Dependent Status? 

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!