Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior Year Worksheets - why are random #'s printing after clients' name on each page?

garland
Level 3

Maybe this should be a "suggestion", but weird random numbers print after clients name on each Prior Year Worksheet page (ex: 30d698a0.....) They're probably associated with tax client, but - not wanted.

I want to actually send these (encrypted, of course) by email to clients as a - tax organizer, along with their checklist + a cover letter. Most of my clients DON'T want to upload their tax data, but DO want a pdf tax organizer sent to them.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I don't use Intuit Link at all to collect data. I'd rather have client drop it off, bring it to an interview, email a batch of pdf documents in an encrypted zip file, or upload data to my website portal.

Ideas? Why are these #'s printing and any way to just have client name on each page... thx!

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

1) exit the program?

2) reboot your computer?

3)  turn your printer  off/on?

4) update printer driver?

5) wait for a software update?

Just suggestions that come to mind....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
garland
Level 3

Thanks, but… these reports are not from my printer. Sorry, if that wasn’t clear. Those Prior Year Worksheets are generated with those strings of numbers -FROM ProConnect online software! I’ll be asking “chat” tomorrow when they’re available. My guess is they can’t be removed, which seems bogus. Thx tho!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would assume some extra ASCII crap got into the field for one of the names, probably last name.

Enter the client file and delete the last name.

Exit the client file

Enter the client file and enter the last name, then check to see if that solved the problem.

If that fails, try deleting all names, exit the file, re enter the file and put the names in again.

Please report back if this solves the problem. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
garland
Level 3

Thanks for the help, but… nope! Random strings of numbers after client name on EVERY prior worksheet page and for every 1040 tax client.

these reports (prior year worksheets) are generated in 2023 ITO, from 2022 (locked) prior year client files using “create tax return”. I can’t just go in and delete names, etc in the locked 2022 client files before bringing forward.

Each string is different for each client. Alphanumeric. 8digits-3-4-4-11digits but that # digits isn’t the same for each client. Geez…

xxxxxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx

ITO chat today - 3 try’s. 1) asked me to log out, clear cache, etc… that didn’t work. Same result. 2) Asked if same result if batch print “for all sections” (vs sections w/data). Same result. 3) asked me to change from Chrome to Edge browser. Same result… then chat helper just disappeared, ugh. 1hr+ no solution.

thanks tho! You guys must have a lot of spare time… appreciated! GAR

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@IntuitGabi Could you send up a distress signal and get this user some help?

garland
Level 3

Thanks much for all the responses.

All of this was done - as most anything these days needs “a reboot”! Ha… whether it’s your tv box, router, or iPhone. Turn it off, turn it on. Kick it, update it, etc, etc.

Anyway, I spent time with ITO chat today. They say the random #’s are client ID’s in software. They sent a request for a fix to ProConnect product development - to fix that report. I assume it’s not just me or my gear. Thx much! GAR

abctax55
Level 15

"...Turn it off, turn it on. Kick it, update..."

You forgot ' throw it out the  window'.  I never have, yet.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Don't forget to clear your cache!

Sometimes I see you may need to reboot stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, atomic clock, toilet, bidet, ... everything in our life now seems to want either a whack upside the head or a new password or 2FA.

Can we schedule a time and direct to collectively yell 

garland
Level 3

Yep, clearing CACHE was #1 on my list. Didn’t affect the issue. ITO is developing a reporting software fix. Apparently this isn’t just my issue. Thanks a bunch, tho!

0 Cheers