Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ny state estimated tax payments

Evancpa
Level 1

How do I enter the electronic payments so that all 4 payments are made on time  last year intuit did not pay them and they can't tell me why

DO i have to pay each one one at a time as they are due 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

It is easy to blame Intuit for this.  Did you check whether you made all the required entries for the EFW to be triggered?  If you did, the return you efiled should have produced the following for your client's records:

1. Financial Transaction Summary: This outlines the amount of estimated tax payment that has been scheduled for each quarter, the expected date of debit, and the bank account details; and
  2. E-File Payment Record: One will be produced for each estimated tax payment, in a format that resembles 1040-ES.

We also advise clients to monitor the debits and let us know in case any of these don't go through, give or take a couple days after the scheduled date, so that remedial actions can be taken.

Unless you have these records but no deduction took place, I wouldn't be so quick to blame Intuit for the lack of payment.

Here's an article with instructions for how to initiate ES-tax payments by EFW: https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/setting-electronic-paymen...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar