Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 7203 In ProConnect?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

What.jpg

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/schedule-k-1/help/entering-s-corporation-shareholder-basis-w...

This was just updated, and says that ProConnect will NOT have 7203.

WHAT?!

Secondly, it says to attach a Basis statement.  Is there ANY indication from the IRS that the form is optional, and that we can just use our own version?

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Excellent question. The new company statement is not very clear that they are not just throwing all their clients to the wolves. I wonder what IRS LTR number will cover the "We did not receive the required now IRS 7203 and we are gonna come get you." 

My GUESS is that since the form is still in draft format, we are off the hook, but we all know how to read the word ASSUME. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I missed that one (I've been ignoring many of the 7203 and 8915 posts) and I didn't realize that they say it won't be in Lacerte either.

Wow.  Just WOW.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Oh, but it missed that the one for Lacerte doesn't actually say it won't be in the 1040, so I guess that is still open to interpretation for Lacerte.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Cheers