Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client is not a dependent but is covered by their parent's Marketplace Insurance. Can I e-file their return if their parents are taking 100% of the allocation?

WMTP LLC
Level 1
When trying to file with all -1 for the allocation on part 4 (0%), there is a critical diagnostic error saying that there needs to be numbers on form 8962.
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Intuit sucks with 0% allocations.

I use ProSeries, but I suspect that ProConnect is similar.  Create a PDF of the 8962 showing the 0% allocation.  Attach the PDF to the return, categorizing it as "ACA Explanation".  And ignore or disable any error messages from the program.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Intuit sucks with 0% allocations.

I use ProSeries, but I suspect that ProConnect is similar.  Create a PDF of the 8962 showing the 0% allocation.  Attach the PDF to the return, categorizing it as "ACA Explanation".  And ignore or disable any error messages from the program.

WMTP LLC
Level 1

Thank you for the response. I had actually just found your response to a similar question from several weeks ago and have done what you suggested. Hoping for a positive outcome. Nothing like learning on Tax Day Eve.