Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed an extension prior to 4/15/22 and the return indicates it was accepted. Now while working on the return I get a extension critical diagnostic. How do I clear it

pfdcpa
Level 2

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Yes, ignore that diagnostic.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
pfdcpa
Level 2
Client status shows Arkansas extension accepted in timely manner
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is this the same return? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/i-filed-an-extension-p...

Is there really supposed to be an Arkansas return? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
pfdcpa
Level 2

Yes,  this is the same return I asked about on Saturday and yes, it does require an Arkansas return

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Now that I am clearly on the question, what is the problem. What does the diagnostic say? 

My guess is that diagnostic is not going to go away and that it will not affect your ability to e-file an Arkansas tax return. 

I saw another similar question and the answer was file the return, do not try to file an extension. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
pfdcpa
Level 2

The diagnostic says  "Extensions must be filed on or before the due date of the return to be considered valid.  If needed, an extension payment can be made on the Arkansas website at: www.atap.arkansas.gov.

I filed the federal and state extensions prior to 4/15/2022 and no payment was required for either.  The extensions were both accepted prior to 4/15/2022.  I am now ready to file the returns but this extension critical diagnostic popped up.  Should I just check ignore and go ahead and file the federal and Arkansas return?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Yes, ignore that diagnostic.

pfdcpa
Level 2

THANK YOU!!!

0 Cheers