Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSA Error

bmason
Level 1

Client has $7,000 on W-2 Code @W for employer HSA contributions.  I have entered 2 on HSA Form for Family Plan, but system is doubling the HSA contribution to $14,000.  I have not entered any additional fields on Form 8889, which is what it said a year ago not to do.  I assume just a glitch in the system?

Seems to be lots of little bugs.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Look at 8889. Is there an entry on line 2? If so, where did it come from. The 8889 should show you how it was doubled. I believe it is operator error. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
bmason
Level 1

There is nothing on Line 2 on the 8889.  Line 9 has 14,000, but the corresponding W2 that has Code W on Line 12 is for only $7,000.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

If the screen where you entered 2 for Family Plan has no other entries, then you need to contact support to discuss the issue. I can not reproduce it.  Support is now open until 4pm (PST) on Saturday, so you have more than an hour.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers