Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter more than 2 shareholders in Form 5472 Part II?

olgaates
Level 2

We are preparing Form 5472s for a company that has 3 non-US shareholders, with each 33% shares. In Part II Line 4 and Line 5 indicates "direct shareholders" and Line 6 indicates "indirect shareholders". We are unable to enter the 3rd shareholder into Line 6 since all the shareholders are direct shareholders.

Is there a workaround for this on PTO other than manually adding a statement to list all the shareholders?

Also, why do we need to enter all the shareholders' information again and again in the "Foreign owned corporation info"? It would be great if we could enter all shareholder info in one place so that PTO can generate Form 5472s using it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Add a New Tab

Check Return and find the form - click the blue part of 3rd member and it will jump to an input.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
olgaates
Level 2

Thank you for your reply but this does not solve either problem as far as I understand.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
olgaates
Level 2

With all due respect, I do know how to contact PTO help. I posted this question to see if any PTO users know any workarounds.

0 Cheers