Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you EFILE an amended Wisconsin Form 1 in Proconnect?

patrir84
Level 1
I keep getting the error "Form 1040: Form 1040-X is included in this return. This return must be e-filed as an amended return. Please use E-file Amendment options in the File Return" for the Wisconsin EFILE only (Federal is fine) in the File Return - Amendment screen. I have the the Wisconsin Amendment box checked for E-file (as well as for Federal) and "1" entered in the "amending state return in the Input screen - General information and Federal (1040X).
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
skyworks
Level 5

You need click File return, then under e-file Amendment Return

0 Cheers
patrir84
Level 1

Is there a box I have to check in that screen? I only have the option to check the Federal Amended in File Return - E-file Amendment. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Don't check the box for federal. Enter a 1 in the next box and be sure you have the appropriate state in the drop down. 

The e-file option is in the Profile for that return. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
patrir84
Level 1

Hi,

Am I not suppose to check the box in the File Return screen for the federal amended? I'm also not seeing a spot to put a "1" nor select a state in a drop down in File Return - Amendment. I do have the "Amending federal return" box checked and "1" for "amending state return in the following path: Input - Miscellaneous Forms - Amended Return - General information and federal - Gen. Info. & 1040X. If that is the box and "1" you are referring to, it does not seem to fix the error. Let me know if I should be looking elsewhere. Thanks! 

0 Cheers