Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate NYS IT-214 (posted instructions do not work)?

drtaxman
Level 2

I followed these brief instructions below but the instructions fail to tell us what fields to enter information into in order to generate the form (most of the fields are overrides anyway). I did not fill in an address or qualifying HH member as it's the same as the taxpayer (per the instructions). I only entered an amount in the Real property taxes paid field and that's it. What else does one need to do in order to generate this form?

How to generate Form IT-214

1. From the Input Return tab, go to State and Local  Other Credits  NY Credit Forms.
  2. Scroll down to the Real Property Tax Credit (IT-214) section.
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
drtaxman
Level 2

Sorry community, I figured it out (with some help from the Chat feature with David P, a Proconnect rep (who, btw, what outstanding!). But in case others have the same issue, I won't delete my post. The issue was related to the household income being higher than $18,000 (even though the AGI and taxable income were below the $18,000 cut-off). Once I artificially lowered the household income, the form generated. I was able to see this by viewing ALL forms under check return and looked at the IT-214 (even though it wasn't being filed, the appropriate values in the form had been entered allowing me to figure out why the form wasn't generating).

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
drtaxman
Level 2

Sorry community, I figured it out (with some help from the Chat feature with David P, a Proconnect rep (who, btw, what outstanding!). But in case others have the same issue, I won't delete my post. The issue was related to the household income being higher than $18,000 (even though the AGI and taxable income were below the $18,000 cut-off). Once I artificially lowered the household income, the form generated. I was able to see this by viewing ALL forms under check return and looked at the IT-214 (even though it wasn't being filed, the appropriate values in the form had been entered allowing me to figure out why the form wasn't generating).