Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSA Reimbursement in Box 14?

rob22usmc
Level 2

Hi all,

I have a client who is a travel nurse and has a "GSA Reimbursement" in Box 14. How is this properly input into ProConnect?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Does it have to be? Box 14 is informational.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

If it's per diem (lodging, meals and incidentals) and/or mileage, that would only be reportable if it was paid out higher than GSA rates. That's pretty unusual, but I've seen it happen. Have you asked her about the nature of her work travel?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@qbteachmt figured out before I did that it's a reference to the standard per diem rates, that are issued by the federal government (GSA) but used by private enterprise and accepted by IRS.  Travel nurses work temporary assignments wherever hospitals have shortages.  Sometimes for only a week, more often a month or two at a time.  I would ask the client, to confirm that this is "information only" and means that the amounts are not included in Box 1 wages.  

If the "traveler" has no tax home, should this be reported as compensation?  Let your conscience be your guide.  

0 Cheers