Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firm address is different then efin address

EdwardF
Level 1

My EFIN application used my home address, but my business mailing address is different. The software uses my personal address, but I don't want that on the returns. How do I change that?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Not sure you can change it.  Intuit (and other service providers AFAIK) relies on the EFIN notice to verify the company name and address to be shown on the return since EFIN is location specific.  You can try chatting with them but don't think you'd go far.  If you want your business address to be shown instead, you may need to get your EFIN address updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

TRY THIS:

Lower left is Settings > Firm Information (with a little blue pencil) > Click the pencil to Edit your address. > click Save when done.

NOTE: it does state:

Firm Information
Firm information will be displayed on filing documents. Your firm information will reflect the IRS registered firm information verified with your EFIN.

As @itonewbie says - You will likely be stuck with it until the EFIN is changed. https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/how-to-maintain-monitor-and-protect-your-efin

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns