Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message

chuck4
Level 1

Today for the first time I am receiving the message "Unable to read data"  "Exit program & try again"  That process does nothing.  I only received this on two files that I know of,  I did download the latest updates yesterday,  Any thoughts!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Your post indicates that you're using ProConnect Tax Online which is internet based and wouldn't need to be updated....which software program are you using?

Im guessing one of the ProSeries products?  Does this happen to all client files or only a particular one?

If it started after an update try using REFRESH updates and see if that will flush out the bad and redownload a fresh update...try shutting down any other programs running in the background when you install updates...if you're unable to get the program to open at all, use REPAIR updates from the Windows Programs Menu

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
chuck4
Level 1

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.  I am using Pro-series as a cbase.  This issue appeared in two client files that I have tried to use today.  I have checked many others and they are fine.  Both files are complex returns, both have QBI and numerous stock trades.

chuck4

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ugh....that doesn't sounds very promising.      Are they previously filed returns that you have a printed or saved copy of?   Or do you maybe have a program backing up to the cloud for you...like Carbonite or something similar?

@IntuitAustin ...I know 2019 saves a cache file for each client, does that have any use in this type of situation where a client file may have become corrupted? (Im not sure what the cache file is actually for)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey @Just-Lisa-Now- & @chuck4 

Try this article 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/unable-to-read-the-data-exit-program-and-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"