Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Business expenses of Travel and meals in Pro connect

DavinderSondhi
Level 1

I am preparing 1040 return for single taxpayer and my client has a business of trucking as sole properitor and form which he have Meals expenses which is entered in his already filed year-2022, 1040 return in Sch-C Part-II line-24b as deductible meals , Now i have entered this in this in Pro connect Via Input return>Incomes>Business Income>Income statement>Expenses>Travel &meals> meals provided by restaurents in full (100%), Now my Question is that why the half of this meals expenses is showing under California 540 Form Sch-CA in Section-B line-3 column-C , Because in already filed 2022 return form Sch-CA it is not Shown.. Please educate me on this

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

ProConnect does have an entry line for DOT meals in full (80%)

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

1) Who did the 2022 return 'already filed'?   It sounds like you are trying to re-create it in your 2022 software.

2) 'Cuz it's wrong, as CA did not conform to the *100%* deductible meals that the IRS implemented.  The 50% adjustment is an add-back to income on Sch CA.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

No offense, but you might be completely wrong, due to your client falling under Federal Transportation rules, not "business" rules. That's something you should do some due diligence on. Department of Labor & Industry.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
George4Tacks
Level 15

ProConnect does have an entry line for DOT meals in full (80%)

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!