Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can return with FORM 1310 be efiled? Intuit is showing a critical diagnostic and wont let me. Client died 3/16/2022, trying to efile the return for tax year 2021.

KMA-Tax
Level 2
The client is survived by his spouse. Spouse provided me with all the documents to prepare their return. Return is completed, but still receiving the error regarding the form 1310. "Form 1310: The IRS's e-file specifications do not allow Form 1310 to be e-filed if Form 1310, Part I Box A (Surviving spouse, requesting reissuance of a refund check) is marked. In addition, the IRS's e-file specifications do not allow Form 1310 to be e-filed if Form 1310, Part I Box B (Court appointed personal representative is claiming the decedent's refund) is marked without Form 1040-X Amended Return. This return must be filed as a paper return."
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Surviving spouse doesn't require a 1310. I see nothing to indicate that you're requesting reissuance of a refund check.

KMA-Tax
Level 2

I believe it is a system issue. If I took the option off for reissuance of the check, it would give me an error. If I left it on, it gave me an error. So, either way of entering information based on the recommendations of the software, it was giving me an error. 

0 Cheers