Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending 2021 1040 Critical Diagnostic

steweey653
Level 2

I can't seem to resolve the following Critical Diagnostic:

Form 1040: 1040X is included in this return.  The return must be e-filed as an amended return.  Please use E-file amendment options in the File Return.

I'm amending a 2021 1040 I originally filed in ProConnect after the client provided more income information after filing.  I have followed the instructions for e-filing a 1040X on this forum and made sure the e-file amended return box is checked under the profile tab.  The amending federal return box is also checked under miscellaneous forms > amended return > general information and federal (1040x).

Any suggestions on how to resolve this critical diagnostic would be appreciated so I can e-file 1040X.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Check it off to ignore and you should be able to e-file.  You should have a green check mark on the File Return tab under E-file > E-File Amendment > Federal Amended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Check it off to ignore and you should be able to e-file.  You should have a green check mark on the File Return tab under E-file > E-File Amendment > Federal Amended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar