Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama individual tax forms

BirminghamBert
Level 3

I seem to have this issue year after year on Alabama returns. The form 40 is printing out blank. 

Form status says "This form is final and watermarked efile only"

Just wondering if is is final why not fix it so you can print it?

All of the other major tax programs allow you to print the return, including TurboTax.

The State has also finalized the forms.  

I'm sure Alabama is a low priority but this happens year after year. 

Thanks again this year. 

5 Comments 5
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BirminghamBert 
The approval for e-filing and printed forms go through different processes. 
It's common for states to block non-final forms for printing in the instance that they're sent in on accident. Each state agency is on their own timeline for approvals. 
More information in this article: State requirements for printing draft forms from professional tax software

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Explain to me how this works.  You tell the client, "I can't let you see the return, but sign here so I can e-file it.  You wouldn't understand it anyway, and this way they probably can't charge you with tax fraud."  I would say something about the typical Alabamian stereotype, but apparently that's how it works in many other places.  

0 Cheers
hannacarter-cpa
Level 1

I have the same issue each year with printing Alabama returns.  Do you know when the printable form will be available since it is now 3/1/2023.  I look at the forms status tool and it does not mention the printable form availability date.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
BirminghamBert
Level 3

Sorry Miss Hanna, I have no idea what is going on. Now March 8 and Alabama returns still say "e-file only". I guess all seven of us Alabama users are just very low priority. 

Bert. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think that number will be a wee bit larger if you include all of AL Lacerte users. https://proconnect.intuit.com/supported-tax-forms/?forms=lc

I guess they should all change to the cheaper spread ProSeries? https://proconnect.intuit.com/supported-tax-forms/?forms=pspro

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers