Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Pros & Cons of SmartVault

Coralee
Level 2

Hello! I'm thinking of getting SmartVault and interested in feedback from some current users.  Aer you happy with it? 

2 Comments 2
twm
Level 1

We switched to Smartvault a few years back.  Fortunately, we have an employee that is pretty darn good (street smart) at figuring things out.  I would consider our firm as a "power user".  We can pretty much define anything in any way we want to easily locate later. 

She had to work with the techies for a while at Smartvault to get it to do all we wanted.  I thought of sending them a bill for our training of them!! 

Once installed, it's been great.  Since we are cloud based as well, we all can access whatever we need from where ever we are. 

It's not cheap, but then again, you get what you pay for.

Tom Tone

0 Cheers
Coralee
Level 2

Thanks Tom,

That's good to know.  Who are you hosting with? I was with TR UltraTax /Virtial Office on the cloud but switched to Lacerte and went back to server based 2 years ago.  I had some issues with TR service but  primarily cost was out of hand.  Everything is Ala Carte! We just use remote log in for out of office now. But I miss the ease of sharing client documents and storing automatically from the tax program.  Seems SmartVault may fill that void.  Is their training good to get up and running since you spent some time helping them out? 🙂

Coralee Hunter

0 Cheers