Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know about Intuit training

Hi,

I am new member of this community. I want to know how I can use this platform to grow up my career and attend any training sessions specially bookkeeping?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

You tagged this as ProConnect, and that is tax prep. If you want bookkeeping guidance, Intuit has their QuickBooks resources. You can check these links:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/accountants/training-certification/certification/

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/accountants/proadvisor/

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/accountant-certification/sign-proadvi...

Another resource is the library, and yet another (at least in my area) is the State's website, which has "City, Town and Local Government Entity" resources, including how to do accounting for purposes of State and local tracking and reporting. They cover GASB/FASB and GAAP, on mine, and it's not just handouts or slides, they made videos available. Especially since the pandemic, a lot of resources are self-study.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers

Thanks for replying. I am outside of US. That's why i can't access intuit academy bookkeeping course. Can you suggest some course which is free and has market value.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Use YouTube. Lots of people, including Intuit, have provided videos.

You're going to need to pay attention to the type of bookkeeping you will be doing. There isn't just one. Non-US countries have their own standards and requirements, and in the US, different entity types have different requirements.

Normally, I recommend that a person in your position benefits from volunteering to help organizations, Non-Govermental organizations, charities, churches, schools, clubs, even at large events. There you will get some overviews, training, and hands on exposure to the tracking and reporting requirements.

You also need to get up to speed on sales tax, VAT, payroll tax, whatever will apply that your target audience or customer base will be subject to in their zone. For instance, where I live, we have no sales tax, but I ended up with a lot of customers from Illinois, which has a bunch of State, County and local tax rates you need to understand, and I used Excel for that part.

If you are outside of the US, I assume you are not, in fact, using ProConnect software?

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Income Tax Preparation products supporting Lacerte, ProSeries, or ProConnect Tax Online products. Please visit the QuickBooks Help site for the answer to your question.

Your sign in user info here is the same one you can use over at the QuickBooks forum.

Good luck.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers