Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation of vacation rental

miltpcpa
Level 1
depreciation limited by vacation rental percentage
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Accountant-Man
Level 13
Yes.
** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
JackW
Level 3

Re depreciation for a vacation rental property -currently the full amount of depreciation is being calculated.  How do I limit it to the rental/total days used %?  It seems like the % will change every year.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Do you have the asset(s) marked as vacation rental (Code 11) on Screen 22 under "Forms"...  or are you using Code 3?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
JackW
Level 3

Thank you!!!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Please mark it solved then, for future searchers

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
JackW
Level 3

I have this issue on the 2018 form 1040 and I am not able to code the depreciation for vacation rental 11.  It is not an option.  How do I do this for 2018 so lacerte realizes that this is a vacation rental.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
JackW
Level 3

I just figured it out-thanks again.

0 Cheers
StknCPA
Level 4

It's over a year later, and I find myself in this position. The assets are coded as 11. Any other thoughts on why the depreciation is not be adjusted by the percentage? All the other indirect expenses are.

0 Cheers
StknCPA
Level 4

Naturally, more dead links.

Has anyone figures out a way to use these? Is there part of the link that can be replaced that makes them work?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Is there part of the link that can be replaced that makes them work?"

I use google:

Lacerte vacation home

And find:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/federal-taxes/help/entering-a-vacation-home-for-schedule-e/0...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers