Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the state depreciation adjustment for CA not populating automatically on form 100S

SebastianG
Level 1

This is a Federal and California S-Corp return. Federal, State and Book depreciation are all input and tie. I have number '4' in the "current year book depreciation" option on screen 30 (Balance Sheet Miscellaneous). 

I'm expecting CA Schedule B (100S) to generate but it isn't. Further, there is no state depreciation adjustment flowing to the CA 100S. When I look at the Schedule B (100S) the CA depreciation is on there but the amount for line 3 is NOT the total of all CA depreciation but rather just the federal amount again. 

Because Lacerte is not populating the ACTUAL CA depreciation total in line 3, there is no state depreciation adjustment being calculated and therefore no adjustment is being carried to CA 100S (even though I have manually added up CA depreciation in column G and it ties to the CA depreciation schedule). 

I can override this amount in screen 44.011 but that should not be necessary.

Why isn't the CA state depreciation adjustment being calculated correctly and carried to the proper forms? 

Screenshot 2024-09-18 082144.pngScreenshot 2024-09-18 082019.pngScreenshot 2024-09-18 081945.png

0 Cheers