Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't we e-file returns with Unemployment Compensation to PA?

Juliet
Level 1

I am unable to remove Lacerte code #55438 as a critical e-file diagnostic which is preventing us from e-filing returns.  The diagnostic refers to a PA adjustment to non-taxable unemployment when PA doesn't recognize unemployment at all.  Does anyone know how to verify the accuracy like the diagnostic suggest? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
DAS
Level 1

I am having same issue....

0 Cheers
NJTaxman2019
Level 2

The work around that I used was to file federal on its own without PA.  Then uncheck the box in screen 3 regarding the American Rescue Plan and then efile PA.  Remember to go back and recheck the box in screen 3.  Since unemployment does not impact PA, this should not make a difference.

0 Cheers
NJTaxman2019
Level 2

The work around that I used was to file federal on its own without PA.  Then uncheck the box in screen 3 regarding the American Rescue Plan and then efile PA.  Remember to go back and recheck the box in screen 3.  Since unemployment does not impact PA, this should not make a difference.

Juliet
Level 1

That's an excellent solution.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 Cheers