Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does prior year disallowed basis limitation on Oil & Gas depletion go in the K-1 Screen?

Emm1234
Level 3

My client has a K-1 from a partnership with Oil & Gas. On last year's return the K-1 Reconciliation worksheet shows a disallowed basis limitation for depletion. However I cannot seem to find the proper spot to input this in Lacerte. Under the K-1 screen, in the Oil & Gas section there is two options 1) Depletion Carryover (From Lacerte instructions it appears this is only if it was because of the 65% limitation) and 2) Prior unallowed passive percentage depletion (It was not limited because of passive income). So the only other option I can find, and where I have it now is under "Basis Carryovers" and on the "Deductions related to royalty income". I do not like that this shows up under Other Deductions on schedule E rather than the depletion line though. But would this be the most correct option? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

A couple lines up from Deducts related to Royalties are Percentage Depletion and Cost Depletion.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

A couple lines up from Deducts related to Royalties are Percentage Depletion and Cost Depletion.