Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Irs Update form 8962

thuypham333
Level 2

When Will Irs Update form 8962, I am waiting for that to submit tax year 2020

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing by 5/17.  What is your best guess?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can look up all projected release dates at https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/forms-finder/

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
pamdory
Level 8

You may want to bookmark this

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/individuals-and-families/premium-tax-credit-claiming-the-cre...

Then you'll know when something has happened.

jcdickerson
Level 2

I just checked and the 8962 still has the Jan 29th final release date.  So this is obviously not an up to date listing.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

8962 seems to work fine. Are you sure your program is up to date?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1095/help/entering-form-1095-a-in-lacerte/00/5379 

What are you seeing that says there is a problem?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
jcdickerson
Level 2

My software is up to date, but the ARP from March 11th waives the repayment of the ACA credit.  I am not seeing a correction for this change.  The listing for the tax forms has the Jan 29th release date for 8962, so it hasn't changed.  If you don't have a repayment, it isn't an issue, but I have clients that have a repayment situation this year.

abctax55
Level 15

@jcdickerson 

DID you go to the IRS link provided in this thread?

It shows that the IRS hasn't updated the Form 8962 since the March 11th announcement.  

Which makes it very difficult for the software companies to do anything, yet.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
jcdickerson
Level 2

Yes.  I did follow both links in the thread.  I was simply commenting that the list in the first link says it is final as of Jan 29th.  Not useful to the original poster's question.  I realize the software folks can't make changes that don't exist.  But I appreciate your response. 

0 Cheers
lindavail
Level 2

I am hoping soon.   I see Drake has updated their program today for this.   Let's hope Lacerte is by Monday???  

abctax55
Level 15

That's funny.... IF we get the Lacerte update by Thursday I will be a happy camper.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Mel1
Level 1

They are waiving the repayment of premium tax credit. Due to law enacted 3-11-21

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@Mel1 

Really ? 

( Generic Comment )"
thuypham333
Level 2

Software is updated today, there is no form 8962 and the excess of advance payment APTC is $0, so I can efile today. Thank you Lacerte software 

sthuttoncpa
Level 2

Lacerte now seems to have updated the program for the exclusion of the repayment of the premium tax credit.  However, now the Form 8962 isn't included at all with the forms to efile.  Also, if the client owes taxes with the filing, the client letter still includes the statement regarding the repayment, even though it is not included in the amount owed.  If the client is getting a refund, there is no statement in the client letter regarding the premium tax credit.  Any idea why this is?  Should the Form 8962 still be included with the filing?

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8