Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax

dmufeed
Level 2
Spoiler

How to calculate beganing capital on screen 28 for 1065 partnership 

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

One post is enough.  You don't need to drag this out into another post.

Slava Ukraini!
dmufeed
Level 2

Last post was unclear this what i actually needed 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It might have been unclear to you but it was clear to the rest of us.

Slava Ukraini!
dmufeed
Level 2

Ok sir but i still didnt get a solution am not trying to get a number I already got it and understand the whole process however i am still confused on the calculation for the beginning capital 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

To be blunt (as this has gone on too long) - what you need is to take some continuing education on how to prepare partnership returns.  Or, find a local mentor as this can't be 'taught' via an on-line forum.

I do wish you luck, but you are doing your client a disservice (unless as @Strongsilence-CPA  suggested, you have been thrown under the bus by your employer).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dmufeed
Level 2

Again this is not helping if do not have an answer that helps my question you are not obligated to reply

thankyou 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll be helpful.  Stick to what you do well and refer the partnership return to someone else.  You shouldn't be preparing a 1065 without the proper knowledge and training which you appear to be lacking at this point.

Slava Ukraini!
dmufeed
Level 2

Ok thanks 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I gave you the equation, I suggested you read the partnership agreement.  If those 'hints' aren't helpful, then (again, to be blunt) you are in over your head.  You really should go get some CPE rather than relying on strangers on the internet.

I do like it when the response from folks who don't get it is to accuse the responder of 'not knowing'.   

( Generic Comment )"
dmufeed
Level 2

Ok thanks

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

The Tax Book (and probably Quickfinder) business edition has a chapter & examples of filled out returns.  Either would be money well-spent.

( Generic Comment )"