Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax calculation

Debra_BTS
Level 1

Lacerte is not calculating a tax liability in 2021, is it me?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

Ummm - I think you might need to provide just a FEW more details for anyone to determine if it's you.

MY Lacerte is computing liabilities just fine.

My first off-the-cuff guess would be capital gains?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

and/or qualified dividends.

Ex-AllStar
Debra_BTS
Level 1

Just a W-2, however, when I reselected the taxpayer as "single" then all the calculations appeared. Previous years this selection carried over in the proforma process. This is my first year hosting Lacerte on the cloud. I guess I get to be in the club for asking a dumb question.

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@abctax55  you're stirring okay.  My Number 16 pet peeve is when folks put an apostrophe after wanna.  I just wanna tell you about it....  

@Debra_BTS    abctax55's Number 2 off-the-cuff guess is qualified dividends, but chances are that, perhaps, maybe, I'm likely being somewhat redundant.   

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
sjrcpa
Level 15

There's that glitch, too.

Most of us are members of that club.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

OK, fine... don't wanna stir YOUR pot @joshuabarksatlcs.   I'll fix it in my spare time (numbers are my game, English/gramma is best left up to my hubby 🤣)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I didn't realize there would be so much demand for the club.  I might have to think about raising dues.  The original dues were one week of your Intuit pay but we might have to raise it to two weeks of pay.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I heard there've been paramount-ish stirring events for the 2022 Winter Olympics...  @IRonMaN  you may want to look into it.  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

The pots tend to freeze up in the winter that's why it is a summer Olympic event.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers