Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral - SBA Loan Attorney

abctax55
Level 15

I have a friend that needs help regarding a delinquent SBA Loan.   This is 'not' in my wheelhouse/I have no experience in the area.

Do any of you have any referrals?  Hopefully it can all be dealt with remotely.

TIA

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Not in my wheelhouse either.  Are you looking for accounting type help or are you looking for a good attorney?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I had a wonderful attorney that would have probably done an outstanding job with this, but like us, he got to that point that it weren't fun no more. Still a wonderful guy, but not practicing anymore. My most recent encounter with an attorney ended up with far less than stellar results. I wrote a long letter about how he should NOT try to do his secretaries job. He sent me a file to review and sign. It had the Thomson Reuter's header embedded in the inline document in an e-mail. I separated the file out of the e-mail and with some effort removed the headers and sent it back. That was only one of many very disappointing steps in a long process. I finally fired him over the phone with a voice message. I would love to share the e-mail response I got from him. Run on sentences. Sentences starting with BUT and AND ....  very embarrassing, but definitive confirmation that getting rid of this waste of space was a good choice.  Afterward I sat down with the other party and reached an equitable settlement.

Years (decades?) ago I had a good (although costly) experience  with https://tatp.com/  I worked with Daniel Trump and Bruce Prescott They may be a good fit for this. 

George Crozier 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'd love to help but I got nothing.

Ex-AllStar