Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net gain or (loss) from sale of assets - other than inventory

morgann
Level 1

Form 990-PF:  (i) in Part I, Analysis of Revenue and Expenses,, line 6a, shows twice the correct amount entered on screen 18, Excluded under section 512, 513 or 514, and (ii) in Part XVI-A, Analysis of Income Producing Activities, shows the correct amount in Column (d), line 8 but also shows the same amount in Column (e), Line 8, Related or exempt function income.  Related or exempt function income is not relevant and I have not implicated it elsewhere in the program.  The additional amount in Part I adversely affects what is shown in Part III, Analysis of Changes in Net Assets or Fund Balances, Lines 2 (amount from Part I, line 27a), 4 and 6.  I have yet to find how to eliminate the additional amount in Part I, line 6a and the amount in Part XVI-A, Column (e), line 8.  The override function in screen 33.1 did not help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
JWolfe
Level 2

Those form lines relate to screen 18 and 24. I had an amount in Sales Price (Box 1d) that made my amount double on Part 1 line 6a and it also showed on page 12 line 8 Column E as well. So from how mine was acting I had to remove the inputs on Screen 24 to fix it. 

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
JWolfe
Level 2

Those form lines relate to screen 18 and 24. I had an amount in Sales Price (Box 1d) that made my amount double on Part 1 line 6a and it also showed on page 12 line 8 Column E as well. So from how mine was acting I had to remove the inputs on Screen 24 to fix it. 

morgann
Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  It confirms, with my wife at the controls, what we eventually discovered.