Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to customize the asset category in the depreciation input screen?

ConnieJ22
Level 1

I am trying to transfer depreciation from a different program into Lacerte.  The prior program had the capability to name the category of assets however they chose but I cannot find where I can do that in the Lacerte program. Has anyone had any success at this?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Intuit_Al
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ConnieJ22 , you can override the category on an asset by asset basis or globally using the Table Editor feature.  On an asset by asset basis, in the detailed section of the Depreciation screen (below the table), there is a field for Category [O].  As you make entries here, it will create a list that can be used across assets and clients. 

For a more global approach, under Settings, select Table Editor.  In the Contents list, expand Depreciation (4562) and select Depreciable asset category.  Type in the category name in the top box and press the enter key or click add to build the list.  Once done, select OK (this saves the changes).  

This should make these categories available on multiple tax types.

Hope this helps.

Al