Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: generate a plain paper Capital Account Reconciliation schedule

alasko
Level 1

Prior to either  2021 or 2022, Lacerte would generate a plain paper Capital Account Reconciliation schedule.  In 2023 Lacerte no longer does that.  Rather Lacerte  reflects a schedule on a per partner basis.

While on the one had I understand the need for the new schedule, getting rid of the old schedule when there are 90, 100,150 or more partners is in my view of the world very incorrect. This schedule was invaluable in tracing each partner's activity, verifying that transfers were handled and reflecting additions to partners in a summary format which made work quicker and easier.

I am asking Lacerte to reinstate this schedule.

Thank you, Alan Lasko

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Intuit_Al
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alasko ,

This is available but you may have an override or option selecting the per partner schedule.  To check on a client by client basis, go to Screen 3 Miscellaneous Information.  Under User Option Overrides, the 5th from the bottom, Capital account reconciliation: 1= condensed, 2=expanded, 3=per partner [O].  Here you can make an entry of 1 or 2, if an entry already exists, please remove as this may be overriding you global options.

To check the options, under Settings, select Options.  Go to the Tax Return tab, and under Federal Tax Options, you will see Capital Account Reconciliation.  Select Condensed or Expanded depending on which one you need.

Hope this helps!

Al

0 Cheers