Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1065 Schedule K-1

johnbasile
Level 1

Is there a way to input a partner's capital, profit and loss %'s so that it show's in Box J on Form K-1 as "various" ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Various?  It asks for the beginning and ending percentages.  How can the beginning or ending be "various"?

johnbasile
Level 1

Yes I understand, but similar to Form 8949, when they ask purchase and sales date if we enter -1 it will show as various; just would like to know if there is an input here that would show various on the K-1 under %'s

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Even if there were a number of transactions on the opening date, there still would have been a specific number at the opening of that date. That percentage should be shown. At the end of day of the ending period there should likewise be a specific number. I see no way that various belongs there and I no way to make Lacerte show such a thing. 

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

As George said, it is asking for the percentage as of the first minute they were a Partner in the tax year.  That can't be "various".

johnbasile
Level 1
Ok, thank you for your help
0 Cheers
johnbasile
Level 1

Ok thank you for your help

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Other software can print K-1s with Various. Must be why OP is asking. Useful if you have targeted allocations that don't jive with the stated P&L %.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers