Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covered CA qualifying insurance and CPA requirement

Client told me that Brother's Keeper insurance told him that the health insurance he has is qualifying for the California and IRS requirements.  I don't know if my responsibility is to do anything to verify this claim. Circular 230 says:  You generally may rely in good faith and without verification on information furnished by your client, but you cannot ignore other information that has been furnished to you or which is actually known by you. You must make reasonable inquiries if any information furnished to you appears to be incorrect, incomplete or inconsistent with other facts or assumptions.

As a trusted advisor, I could dig into it as a service for my client. He might or might not appreciate it (despite his unwillingness to have any health insurance.) But as a stressed tax preparer I am tempted to leave it and move on.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

"Client told me that Brother's Keeper insurance told him that the health insurance he has is qualifying for the California and IRS requirements."

Note this in your file.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

"Client told me that Brother's Keeper insurance told him that the health insurance he has is qualifying for the California and IRS requirements."

Note this in your file.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

Brother's Keeper renamed Christian Healthcare Ministries, now.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.