Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZ 25% Cap Gains Deduction Worksheet on Individ 140

Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I'm in CA, but I have an AZ client with $1K of LTCG from stock sales, but $18.5K of LTCG Distributions on 1099-DIV.

I know that I need to verify these holdings sales within the funds were acquired post-2011. I googled the ticker symbols, and all the funds were created before 2011, so request #1 here: I was curious if any AZ folks knew of a repository of data on this, or if it's just up to me to have the client to request it for each mutual fund.

Second question: does anyone know the linking flow of the worksheet? On the 140 line 22, my LTCG matches fed, $19.5K.  But when I open the worksheet, Line 1 currently shows negative $6K. There's no "jump to input," and the new "input help" feature does nothing here.

I have no overrides on Screen 51.101. Screen 17 acq dates are all "-1/1/22" or a specific post-2011 date. No other states on the return.

Obviously trying to avoid calling Support on Q2, so wanted to tap the braintrust here first.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

A friend and colleague in the FB group Lacerte Rescuers! helped me find the answer to question 2.  There was a carryover from PY on screen 17.  In PY, they had relocated mid-year from CA to AZ.  So for all of 2022, they had LTCG, but isolating the sales and LTCGDist in the second half of the year, they had a LTCL.  So that's how I wasn't catching it since there were no C/O's at the fed level.

Still holding out that one of you might have a resource for mutual fund transactions pre-/post-2011.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

The mutual funds probably have this info. Go online to their website - Tax Center and see what you find. If you think the numbers are large enough to merit your time.

Ex-AllStar