Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 proforma of individual clients

sassycat
Level 3

2022 Individual clients did not proforma over, although other modules did.  i think it has something to do with my response 'No" when offered to transfer clients initially.  I had not installed 2023 software, so i said no.  how to fix this?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Maybe. Don't count on it.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

First of all it is way too early to pro forma even though the software allows it.

There are always glitches and updates to fix the glitches so you'd have to do it again.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

I agree that it is way to early to do proforma. You can do it at anytime and you may want to overwrite those that you had done earlier. Personally I aim for doing it either early January, or if your client base is small, doing each as needed since updates change what the proforma does and how it does it.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/manage-client/using-proforma-wizard-transfe...

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!
sassycat
Level 3

Thank you both for your responses.  I use it to do estimates, especially with all the credits out there. Your suggestion is to wait until after the first of the year.  Does that mean if i do an estimate in the 2022 tax software for 2023, using screen 7, the estimate includes adjustments applicable to 2023 as along as i am using the most recent version of LaCerte?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Maybe. Don't count on it.

Ex-AllStar