Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a client that is a public charity by the irs. That code is 509(a)(2) I filed it under 501 (c) (3) and was rejected. Where do i change the classification?

Level 1
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Level 15

What did the reject say?

A private foundation is a 501(c)(3), generally.

Are you saying you filed 990 instead of 990PF?