Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form GA 500-NOL Form

AGM4848CPA
Level 1

There has been a serious increase from the Georgia DOR requesting the form 500-NOL be filled out . They have stated in order to receive any utilization of a NOL this form has to be submitted for the year of the loss ( 2015 to present) . We are a small firm and have several clients that will be affected by this and would expect an additional increase due to the Cares act not to mention the effect on the kind of year small business  would have across the board . Just feel like this form needs to be supported by Lacerte asap . I cant be the only accountant in GA affected by this . Please help 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
bass
Level 2

SAME ISSUE HERE.  GEORGIA CHANGED THE RULES STARTING IN 2018 BUT JUST STARTED IMPLEMENTING IT FOR 2019 RETURNS. LACERTE SHOULD HAVE HANDLED THIS IN 2018 AND I SEE NOW THEY HAVE THE FORM FOR 2019 BUT NOT SURE OF ITS ACCURACY.  GEORGIA JUST RECENTLY CAME OUT WITH NEW 500 NOL FORMS THAT ARE YEAR SPECIFIC BASED ON THE BAR CODE.  THE FORMS ALL LOOK THE SAME BUT IF YOU TAKE THE FIRST FOUR NUMBERS IN THE BAR CODE AND SUBTRACT THE LAST TWO FROM THE FIRST TWO THAT IS THE YEAR OF THE FORM, FOR EXAMPLE IF THE NUMBERS ARE 1801, THAT WOULD BE 18-1= 17 FOR A 17 TAX YEAR.  ALSO, I WAS TOLD YOU MUST FILE A SEPARTE FORM FOR EACH LOSS YEAR AND NOT SHOW CARRYOVER FROM YEAR TO YEAR ON THE SAME FORM.  APPARENTLY, LACERTE DOES TRACK IT BUT DOES NOT PROVIDE A WORKSHEET.

0 Cheers