Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Lacerte says they don't support vehicle donation on partnership return and have to mail in the whole return. Is this correct?

barbara3
Level 2

My Form 1065 includes a Form 8283 with vehicle donation box checked.  I also attached a PDF file in the EF screen 4 using the default to main form.  (the only link to form option for 8283 was appraiser which isn't true in this case).  I checked the box Form 8453-PE and will mail in the donee organization letter which has equivalent information to the 1098-C.  Lacerte error reject code is F8283-032-02 and F8283-028-01.  Resolution mentions binary attachment which I think means the PDF which I did attach. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
I offered a solution that might get you past the IRS error code. Lacerte says NOT SUPPORTED - so, I think you must file by paper.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

The error codes are IRS efile error codes - not a Lacerte error code. Even though you may not consider the 1098-C an appraisal, I would if it were the only choice I had to attach it to the right form. 

0 Cheers
barbara3
Level 2

yes 

but following the error codes

Resolution: If Form 8283 Section A Line 1 Column (b) checkbox "Donated Property Vehicle Ind' is checked, then ...statement...  must be attached for the corresponding vehicle.

THEN---

Lacerte statement is "Unfortunately these statements are not supported.  This filing must be filed as a conventional paper filing" 

So, by selecting the link "Form 8283 - Declaration of Appraiser" is ok even though it is not an appraiser declaration?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I offered a solution that might get you past the IRS error code. Lacerte says NOT SUPPORTED - so, I think you must file by paper.