Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
  • Sign In
  • Created with Sketch. It is being reported that major internet and cell service providers Verizon, ATt&T, T-Mobile, as well as some smaller local providers are experiencing a massive outage across the United States. This will impact the Lacerte program in regards to customer receiving MFA codes, as well as messages indicating Lacerte is not connected to the Internet.
    cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Critical Diagnostic -- Direct Deposit Disallowed

Swaldrep
    Level 2

Is anyone else receiving a critical diagnostic in 2020 Lacerte, saying "Your direct deposit of the tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November 30, 2020.  A check will be issued in lieu of direct deposit." ? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
    sjrcpa
    Level 15

That's IRS policy.

Ex-AllStar
    Accountant-Man
    Level 12

You can't have e-filed 2020 returns yet.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
    sjrcpa
    Level 15

I didn't notice that. I assumed it was for a 2019 return (which also can't be efiled yet).

Ex-AllStar

Yes receiving the same diagnostic for 2020 tax returns.

0 Cheers
    Taxorama
    Level 2

Since we can't e-file yet I'm assuming it will go away on 2/12.

The client letter says refund is being directly deposited.

0 Cheers
    rsotelo
    Level 2

That has to be a problem with Lacerte.  I'm getting the error and the prior return was filed in February last year.

0 Cheers