Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you have two schedule H on one form 1040?

cia6691
Level 2

if so, how do you add data for second schedule H?

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
sjrcpa
Level 15

Theoretically yes if it is a joint return and each spouse is a household employer.

Ex-AllStar
cia6691
Level 2

That is the case.  I am looking for guidance on how to enter the data for a second schedule H.  

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Does the first one show both names? Is there an option for spouse?

0 Cheers
cia6691
Level 2

The client submitted two separate EINs  - one for the husband and one for the wife.  The wife passed away during 2022.  They each had household help and issued W-2s to their respective employees.

I am trying to figure out how to enter the second EIN.

0 Cheers
Dano
Level 1

I have a related issue: Joint return, couple hired two different workers using the SSN of the T/P. I have two H's to include and no way to generate a second input sheet .

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Your situation only requires one Sch H. Sch H is reported one per employer, regardless of the number of employees.

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Prepare one, print to PDF, prepare the second. Attach the PDF version to the e-file. Override the total Sch H.

Maybe have to paper file, it's been a long time since I've had that situation, but the diagnostics will tell you if the Sch H taxes override is okay for e-file.

Dano
Level 1

Thank you for your response. Seems very odd that something we do might end up as a paper filing. Nobody wants that, do they!? I'm inclined to use the Spouse Sched H for the second employee. It's a joint return, and all the information gets reported. No harm no fowl, right?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

@Dano This is why you should post your own question, not tag along in the comments of someone else. The response aimed at you said: "Your situation only requires one Sch H. Sch H is reported one per employer, regardless of the number of employees."

Dano
Level 1

Thank you!

0 Cheers