Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended Return

Nancy 16
Level 2

I am trying to amend a 2022 return that was prepared and e-filed in September of 2023. It was then revised in the software on February 1, 2024, but not done as an amended return, and not filed in any way, electronically or paper filed. Now, the amounts on the return have changed again (revised K-1) and I am trying to amend it and actually get it filed. The software asks me if the amounts for it to transfer to Column A of the 1040X are correct from the February 1, 2024, return. There is not an option to say "no" or "use another date" or anyway to not use the dated version in the message. Only option is "Okay". Those amounts are not the correct ones for Column A, they are actually the amounts from the return done February 2024, that was not entered as an amended return and not actually filed. The original return is only available to me in DMS. I even went to the February return and redid it with the amounts from the original return but that didn't help with what Lacerte is transferring to Column A on the 1040X. If I delete the February version, will I lose the return completely and have to start over with a recreation? Thanks to anyone or everyone that can help.

0 Cheers