Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

179D Energy Deductions Form 7205

cimfeld2
Level 1

Does Lacerte have the new Form 7205 for claiming the 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deduction?  The IRS released the form in February 2023.  I need to add it to an S-Corp return and i cant find it in the software. 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

The info for claiming the credit would get passed through to the shareholders so the form is probably not in the S Corp software

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
cimfeld2
Level 1

Thank you for your response.  However, I am referring to the 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deduction.  It is not a credit. Its a deduction.  It typically gets reported on the 1120S as "Other deductions" on page 1 of the 1120S.  However, now there is a form 7205 that goes along with it to calculate the amount of the deduction.  I just don't see that Form in Lacerte.  I looked in both the S-Corp and Individual modules.  This new form was just release in February 2023 (I think), but it says December 2022 on the Form.  I can find it on the IRS website, I just can't find it in Lacerte.  Any thoughts? 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I misread.

Perhaps enter the deduction and attach a pdf of the form.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers