Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing for Intuit Tax Advisor...

AlexMBACPA
Level 2

As a former corporate VP/exec for public companies, I have to touch on the pricing and thought process as a User and for my Clients as well as how do we generate more revenue/volume for this new product. The current pricing is $75 per credit, one which I'd have to pay for in advance without really knowing if I'll be able to sell it and get my $75 back from my Client, but Intuit secures that Revenue (well at least until it's delivered/used). On my end, if most of my clients Tax Returns range in Pricing from $125-350. I don't think they'd be willing to pay $75 for this advice which they would kind of expect me to give them anyways, since many of them always ask "what can I do to save some taxes next year?".

So I think to make this succesful, add this feature to Proconnect (Lacerte) as part of the basic subscription, and maybe increase the price slightly to make up for the investment, plus a small margin. I'd be more willing to use it, if I know it's there and already paid for and can add more as needed. Like e-signatures, or a subscription model like Tax Protection. Where you subscribe for a nominal fee as you go.

At $75 upfront, I probably won't be using it with a lot of my customers, who could probably benefit from it...

2 Comments 2
angela1
Level 3

I completely agree. $75 is pretty steep. I don't have many clients that would pay extra for a service I have already been providing them. 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Based on the LARGE number of comments on this forum about the MANY limitations of the program, I'm amazed that they are charging for the basic program.