Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gambling Winnings adjustments & Sch E dispositions

TammyCPA
Level 2

Tax plan for client with 2021 gambling winnings---nothing shows in the 2021 actual column for pre strategy baseline.  The withholding from the 2021 gambling winnings is included in the total federal withholding for 2022.    I can't find a spot to remove that amount.  Not sure why the gambling winnings aren't included in the 2021 column.  

The Schedule E calculations are incorrect for 2021.  Many expenses are missing.  The net rental amount is $4000 when in fact there was a loss.

I don't see a space to enter final year of a schedule E so that prior losses will be freed up. My client sold the property in 2022.   I think there should be a space to either enter the amount or mark the schedule E as a final.   

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Intuit Edgar
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback.

I have reported the gambling winnings issue to our design team for further investigation. Our developers are currently looking at adding an Expense Adjustment field which will address this issue and allow more granular entry of expenses.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Intuit Edgar
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback.

I have reported the gambling winnings issue to our design team for further investigation. Our developers are currently looking at adding an Expense Adjustment field which will address this issue and allow more granular entry of expenses.

0 Cheers