jnd2546's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jnd2546's Posts

When distributions ( other than ordinary income) from S corp are greater than remaining basis they are taxed as long term CG. Any idea on where to report that amount on 1040?   Thanks!
Just shows credits on their account statement;..  The values are also included under the "Scholarship and Grant" box of the 1098-T.  ( but services of course are provided")
Agree; no need to attach brokerage transaction details. Caution:: If you happen to be a PA resident be careful because if you enter the proceeds and basis totals for A or D, they are NOT transferri... See more...
Agree; no need to attach brokerage transaction details. Caution:: If you happen to be a PA resident be careful because if you enter the proceeds and basis totals for A or D, they are NOT transferring to PA 40 Sch D.   I called support.  Caller not very astute.  She took my info and promised a email reply. Nothing yet. That was 2/10.   Not sure if other states are having some problem.
If a student receives a room and board tuition credit for performing the duties as a resident hall assistant (RA), is that treated as income same as if they received a scholarship that specifically p... See more...
If a student receives a room and board tuition credit for performing the duties as a resident hall assistant (RA), is that treated as income same as if they received a scholarship that specifically provided R&B funds? Thanks!
I entered the totals for Category A ( short term) from brokerage statement on 1099 B worksheet and transfers fine to Schedule D, but not making their way to PA schedule D. Anyone else experience?
Not sure why the phone number is an issue. My issue has always been that once they use an email address as their original user ID in Link, and then subsequently change their email address, even if yo... See more...
Not sure why the phone number is an issue. My issue has always been that once they use an email address as their original user ID in Link, and then subsequently change their email address, even if you send the invite to the new email, they have to continue to use the old email as their login ID. If they try and use the new email address, seems like they can't see their prior year files and have to create a new account with the new email address.  Still not sure I understand how to easily convey to Link that the same taxpayer now has a new email and recognize that so that the Link user ID is now the same as their email address entered on their proseries 1040 worksheet. Intuit:  Can u clarify how to clear up getting Link account to sync up with Proseries 1040 worksheet? TY!
Thank you Lisa. That was my understanding so far and I have made .pdf of each return. Its just that the original return is easier to use for analysis and especially if you want to use it to do a pro... See more...
Thank you Lisa. That was my understanding so far and I have made .pdf of each return. Its just that the original return is easier to use for analysis and especially if you want to use it to do a proforma for the next tax year and save the proforma under a different name.  Don't see why it should update if you don't save it again???  Oh well.
If I unlock  a client file that was filed a while ago, will it automatically be impacted by any updates to proseries that were installed since filing, or only if I re-save the file? ( which I would n... See more...
If I unlock  a client file that was filed a while ago, will it automatically be impacted by any updates to proseries that were installed since filing, or only if I re-save the file? ( which I would not do.). i.e  is it safe to unlock any previously filed return to refer to it?  or just stick to the .pdf that I made. Thank you!
Thank you! I thought that was the answer but when I saw the last intuit "alert" about the 5 methods of entering transactions, it didn't really address "A" and "D"'s  specifically .  Still seemed to ... See more...
Thank you! I thought that was the answer but when I saw the last intuit "alert" about the 5 methods of entering transactions, it didn't really address "A" and "D"'s  specifically .  Still seemed to imply .pdf attachments would always be attached if not individually entered.
Does a .pdf brokerage statement still have to be sent to IRS for Box A and Box D ( both rep basis reported to IRS) transactions or is the summary entry sufficient of the 1099 B worksheet? Thanks!
Got thru on the 8879 phone number; its only for EFTPS and he didn't have visibility of full account info. very nice gentleman referred me to 800-829-1040. Very nice person who said I'm not the first ... See more...
Got thru on the 8879 phone number; its only for EFTPS and he didn't have visibility of full account info. very nice gentleman referred me to 800-829-1040. Very nice person who said I'm not the first person she heard from that day on this issue; no explanation other than delay in processing; so far nothing seems to be sent up the flagpole in IRS highlighting issue within IRS. She suggested trying Practitioner line 866-860-4259.  No chance in getting thru. This AM it even said try another day. ( LoL!). Interesting that everything on IRS website is about checking for money coming back ( refunds and stimulus) but nothing about checking on status of debits. 
I efiled a federal return 10 days prior to the entered debit date for the balance due. Return was successfully acknowledged. Debit for the state balance took place on scheduled date.  Federal debit d... See more...
I efiled a federal return 10 days prior to the entered debit date for the balance due. Return was successfully acknowledged. Debit for the state balance took place on scheduled date.  Federal debit date has come and gone now by 5 days.  Is a delay normal ?  Checked with bank and they see no action where IRS attempted to take money.  Should be concerned?  If so, where to start ? Thanks for any insights!
OK Ty!   Using the help list, I don't see a specific reference to attorney fees in discrimination lawsuits but I guess "H" is the place for all other legitimate above the line adjustments with a wr... See more...
OK Ty!   Using the help list, I don't see a specific reference to attorney fees in discrimination lawsuits but I guess "H" is the place for all other legitimate above the line adjustments with a write in description.
There are instances where a plaintiff wins an award against an employer for discrimination suit and the attorney fees are deductible under sec 162q as an adjustment on schedule 1. ( see pub 525 pg 32... See more...
There are instances where a plaintiff wins an award against an employer for discrimination suit and the attorney fees are deductible under sec 162q as an adjustment on schedule 1. ( see pub 525 pg 32). Yet, I can't see where in proseries for schedule 1, it facilitates this entry. Any insights here on how to enter those fees as an adjustment for schedule 1, and would still pass error checking for e-file? Thank you all!! 
I have an e-filed Fed and Penna 1040.  Fed acknowledged on 3/29;  status for PA as of 4/1 still showing "Received by Intuit".   First time I've had a delay like that. Should I be concerned?  Is that... See more...
I have an e-filed Fed and Penna 1040.  Fed acknowledged on 3/29;  status for PA as of 4/1 still showing "Received by Intuit".   First time I've had a delay like that. Should I be concerned?  Is that a Proseries or PA issue?  How do I bring it to Proseries attention?   Thanks for any insights! Jim D
Anyone know if I have to attach a .pdf of FED return to satisfy VA; or are they piggy back for efile and will they get it anyway on an efile?   Thanks for any insight or reference.  
Also just did the update check and "refresh update".  Still nothing.  Some status from PS would be good if its delayed or we're not seeing how its supposed to work.  
Does anyone know if the upcoming stimulus will also feature a " no pay back of excess" feature like the first two?   
TY! Amended returns coming up!
Does anyone know if the tax free unemployment provision will be retroactive to 2020 or begin with 2021 unemployment?