michele's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

michele's Posts

In my mile high stack of 1120-H  there are some this year that  did not meet the 90% rule. I thought the program would figure the tax. Do I have to flip these to a 1120 so that they will have to pay... See more...
In my mile high stack of 1120-H  there are some this year that  did not meet the 90% rule. I thought the program would figure the tax. Do I have to flip these to a 1120 so that they will have to pay the tax since they are only spending about 60%. I don't believe anyone had explained to them the 90% rule.   thx Michele
The receiver received over $100,000 but 64,000 of that was for expenses in 2019. I believe the trustee of this person did not get these submitted timely and they were paid in 2020 although all the mo... See more...
The receiver received over $100,000 but 64,000 of that was for expenses in 2019. I believe the trustee of this person did not get these submitted timely and they were paid in 2020 although all the money went to the care facility it looks like they will have a heafty tax bill since these were 2019 expenses.   thx Michele
On a 1065 how can I suppress the balance sheet while still showing his capital account on the k-1   thx Michele
I have a long term care 1099 that  has funds for expenses in 2019 and 2020 The expenses were not taken in 2019 and they amount to 60,000+ can they be considered for this 1099 I do not want them to h... See more...
I have a long term care 1099 that  has funds for expenses in 2019 and 2020 The expenses were not taken in 2019 and they amount to 60,000+ can they be considered for this 1099 I do not want them to have to pay tax on the 60,000   thx  Michele
Anyone else getting a Critical Indiana wanting an addback for Medical. There is no medical to report there is an HSA but does not addback. My guess I will not be able to veride it to file electronic.... See more...
Anyone else getting a Critical Indiana wanting an addback for Medical. There is no medical to report there is an HSA but does not addback. My guess I will not be able to veride it to file electronic.   thx Michele
What do I need to mark to get the refund to go to the beneficiaries instead of going to the estate? It looks like a k-1 distibution but still showing the refund amount on the 1041   thx Michele
Has anyone seen that Indiana is taking a  college tuition and fees deduction and college interest deduction?  UGH   Michele
Trustees need to get an ein for a grantor trust sole trustee has passed. I had not been on the Irs ein site in quite a while. Grantor also has a will. They show are you filing for testamentary trust ... See more...
Trustees need to get an ein for a grantor trust sole trustee has passed. I had not been on the Irs ein site in quite a while. Grantor also has a will. They show are you filing for testamentary trust on there. Do they need that or do they need revocable since that was how it was established or do they apply for irrevocable since she is now deceased?   thx Michele
Is the recovery rebate credit for the dependents added to the amount for the taxpayer when inputting amounts.  Also there was suppose to be a place for taxpreparers to look up amounts if they do not ... See more...
Is the recovery rebate credit for the dependents added to the amount for the taxpayer when inputting amounts.  Also there was suppose to be a place for taxpreparers to look up amounts if they do not have the notice. does anyone know anything about that? thx Michele
Has anyone seen a release date yet for business and trust returns for Lacerte. Mine still show watermarks   thx Michele
I have made the election to carryforward a Nol. does there have to be a separate statement pdf attached  for electronic filing?   thx Michele
I have  a return 2 children with 1099q distributions for elementary education. This should be capped at 10,000 each I can't see where Lacerte is getting the figure that is taxed. 1 child had a distr... See more...
I have  a return 2 children with 1099q distributions for elementary education. This should be capped at 10,000 each I can't see where Lacerte is getting the figure that is taxed. 1 child had a distribution of 10498.00 I would figure the 498 should be taxed and lacerte is showing $133. The other child was less than the 10,000  The 2 children had a total of 19109. I was figuring all avenues as to how lacerte was doing this and don't see where $133 was arrived at. Anyone else have 1099-Q issues?   Thanks Michele
Did't know where to ask this at. I have been on hold with irs for some time. I am doing some estate planning for myself. I am adding a my son to my business as an owner on my S Corp. I know I have ... See more...
Did't know where to ask this at. I have been on hold with irs for some time. I am doing some estate planning for myself. I am adding a my son to my business as an owner on my S Corp. I know I have to have  him approved since he will now have some ownership in the business . I did not see where I can add him or update the application and go the approval process. I have had my efin for years. Do you  know if I have to do a whole new application. and hopefully this will not effect my continuing to file returns while he is being approved. Thx Michele  
Hi  Have same issue with a very large NOL it appears. that this is almost like informational. Since it says that you have to make the election in 2020. I have it marked on a 1040 no carryback for 20... See more...
Hi  Have same issue with a very large NOL it appears. that this is almost like informational. Since it says that you have to make the election in 2020. I have it marked on a 1040 no carryback for 2018 and 2019. The Nol came from an Scorp it does not print an election letter worksheet Michele
7 rentals aggregated and marked for safe harbor. The election statement is not showing the properties I have other clients and all their properties are showing can't figure why this one is not Thx ... See more...
7 rentals aggregated and marked for safe harbor. The election statement is not showing the properties I have other clients and all their properties are showing can't figure why this one is not Thx Michele
Thanks for the info but I am thinking that it is probably not windows update since this is I believe the 6th time it may be more I will have to check
on hold first time 2 1/2 hrs. thought it was  fixed. Usually do the call back but they never called to had to call them. Not good for business when you have to send clients home when you can't work ... See more...
on hold first time 2 1/2 hrs. thought it was  fixed. Usually do the call back but they never called to had to call them. Not good for business when you have to send clients home when you can't work the program. I have asked for email instructions on correcting this fatal error since this is the 6th time this year. But they seem to be reluctant  to give those out. Is this suppose to encourage all of us with network servers and full staff to go to the cloud. I don't think so. It makes you look for a different program Now still on hold  2 1/2 hrs again
Any one else having problems with customer support. Fatal error no one in the office can work. NO the forced  reinstall does not work for this. I haven't renewed yet you would think after 10 years w... See more...
Any one else having problems with customer support. Fatal error no one in the office can work. NO the forced  reinstall does not work for this. I haven't renewed yet you would think after 10 years with Lacerte customer support would be better. This year has been terrible. thx Michele
I have a client that lives in Toledo and had  wages reported in toledo and Holland. I don't have page three showing and getting critical that there is no tax due on  Rita return  due to the holland.... See more...
I have a client that lives in Toledo and had  wages reported in toledo and Holland. I don't have page three showing and getting critical that there is no tax due on  Rita return  due to the holland. Ref 52395 saying there needs to be a tax of over $10 Any help greatly appreciated. thx  Michele
He did not have any basis so I would assume he would not be entitled to the loss. The business lost money both years it was in business and and he had no  money in the business. The k-1 he brought in... See more...
He did not have any basis so I would assume he would not be entitled to the loss. The business lost money both years it was in business and and he had no  money in the business. The k-1 he brought in was prepared somewhere else.  thx Michele