Lacerte releases several product updates throughout the year. There are few ways to download these updates:
- Download updates using the In-Product Lacerte Updates Utility.
- Use the Update Scheduler to schedule automatic downloads.
- Download updates using the Lacerte Web Setup Utility.
Prior-year product updates won't install on unsupported Operating Systems such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 2012. See here for what operating systems are supported by Lacerte.
Stay up to date on what's current! Bookmark the Lacerte Trending Topics page using CTRL+D.
Download updates from within Lacerte:
- Open Lacerte to the Client List.
- From the Tools menu choose Lacerte Updates...
- If updates are available, you'll see a window containing a list of programs currently installed. Select Version Info to see what part of the program is being updated. select Update to start downloading the updates.
- Once the update is complete, select Yes to close Lacerte and install the updates.
- When the installation is complete, the program will automatically launch.
- If you have a standalone license, the program updates are now installed and your program is up to date.
- If you have a network license and you installed the program to a shared network path, the next time each workstation opens the program, they'll see a message prompting them to install the updates.
- If you have the network license and you installed the program standalone on each of the workstations, you'll need to repeat steps 1 - 4 above to update all of the workstations.
Update the program through Lacerte Websetup:
In most cases, your standard program updates will keep you up to date, however if you can't sign into Lacerte, need to add additional state modules, or if the update fails you may need to run a Websetup.
- Close all open programs.
- From the Windows Start menu choose Programs and expand the Lacerte folder.
- Double-click the 20YY Lacerte Web Setup where YY is the year you need to update.
- Select Next to begin.
- Select the Programs you want to update:
- Lacerte Tax
- Lacerte Tax Planner
- Select Next.
- Select the States and Modules to update or install.
- Select Next.
- Review your choices and select Install.
- Once complete select Launch to open Lacerte.
Schedule automatic update downloads with the Update Scheduler:
The Update Scheduler is a way to automatically download updates. You can schedule a specific time for the program to download updates, and see the dates and times when the program found updates. For more information, see here.