When entering data, the program closes and displays the following error:
"ProSeries Fatal Application Error: Exiting Application"
If the error occurs entering employer information for a W-2 or 1099:
This error can be caused by damaged ein database files. Follow these steps to delete the EINDB files:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the Common folder.
- For ProSeries Professional Stand Alone this is located in C:\ProWinYY
- For ProSeries Professional Network this is located in X:\ProNetYY
- For ProSeries Basic this is located in C:\BasWinYY
- Open the Common folder.
- Locate the files Eindb.cdx and Eindb.dbf.
- Right-click on each of the files and choose Delete.
- Click Yes to delete the files.
- Reopen ProSeries.
- Make sure the issue is resolved.
- If the error still appears, perform a clean install.
If the error is happening anywhere else:
This error tends to indicate that one of the system files required to operate the program are damaged. To resolve the error perform a clean install.