When installing ProSeries Professional, the following error occurs:
A problem occurred during installation. Please try the following steps to see if it corrects the problem:
- Restart your computer
- Restart the installation
If this error still generates after restarting your computer and the installation, try the solutions below.
- Losing internet connection during installation.
- Not having write access enabled for the folder the installer is writing to.
- Not having write access to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\intuit\Entitlement Client
- A previous 500 error with not being able to write to C:\Users\User Name\AppData
- A previous 400 series error because you cannot connect to Akamai.
- This error is known to occur when ProSeries is being installed to the root of a mapped drive, such as a Z: drive.
- Try installing ProSeries to a C: drive.
- This error can occur when ProSeries is being installed in a Windows Standard User account. ProSeries requires the user to be the administrator of the local computer.
- Make sure you're logged in as an administrator on the computer you're installing ProSeries on.
- Sometimes third-party software, such as Windows Defender, TeamViewer, and Windows Cloud Services, running in the background can prevent installation.
- Close any third-party software and try the installation again.
- This error may occur when selecting multiple products to install.
- Try selecting just one federal formset and letting it install.