The following error is generating in Lacerte:
Exception in initProcessing TEFile.LoadWholeFile. Unable to open Whole e-file (no exception, just bad result)
Why is this error generating?
This error may generate if:
- You're using Windows Server 2008 R2 or an NAS drive.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and NAS drives are not supported.
- You're e-filing and another user is trying to access the file at the same time.
- You're e-filing and another program using the file(s), such as an anti-virus program.
Choose the applicable instructions below to resolve this error.
Using Windows Server 2008 R2 or NAS drive
Follow these steps to move the client data off the Windows Server 2008 R2 or NAS drive:
- Open Lacerte.
- Go to the Client list.
- From the the Help menu, and choose TroubleShoot (F10) to open the Technical Support Information window.
- Make note of the Data path on the System Information tab.
- Exit the Technical Support Information window.
- From the Settings menu, select Options (Ctrl+O).
- Go to the Setup tab.
- Make sure the Data Path is correct and click OK.
- If it isn't correct, make any corrections now.
- Use Windows file explorer to browse to the folder identified as your Data path.
- Right-click on the folder and press Copy.
- Paste the folder into a supported location, like a server running a more current operating system, or your local hard drive.
- Make note of the file path where you paste the folder.
- Open Lacerte.
- From the Settings menu, select Options (Ctrl + O).
- Change the Data path to the new location identified in step 12.
Stuck files in the Temp folder on the workstation
If you're experiencing stuck files in the Temp folder on the workstation, you may need to delete Windows temporary files.
Follow these steps to delete Windows temporary files:
- Close Lacerte and any other open applications on your computer.
- Right-click the Windows Start menu and choose Run.
- In the Run command window, type %temp% and press Enter.
- Press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to select all the files in your Temp folder.
- Once the files are highlighted, press the Delete key and confirm the deletion.
Interference from security programs
Each security program is different, so while we can provide the list of exceptions and file structures for Lacerte, our agents can't assist you over the phone with making these changes.
These changes should only be made by IT professionals who have researched and reviewed the potential impact of the changes to their network and taken appropriate precautions to prevent data loss or downtime.
See here for the list of recommended exceptions to add.